TGC at Sacconnesset has the best caddy training program in the Northeast.
The Golf Staff has put together an extensive training program for caddies and forecaddies at the Club. This training program was designed to develop the best caddies in the Northeast.
We have a solid base of experienced caddies. The caddy training experience at the Club includes reading the Francis Ouimet Scholarship Fund Caddy Manual. Caddy candidates receive walking tours of the golf course and take part in training rounds led by members of the Golf Staff.
2018 Caddy Application and Uniform Policy
10 Caddy Rules, TGC at Sacconnesset
- Always be on time for your loop. Give yourself ample time to get ready to caddy. Most times you will need to be here at least ½ hour to an hour before your scheduled loop.
- Treat members and guests with the highest level of respect.
- Always think ahead to the next shot and plan.
- Take pride in the course and help maintain it.
- Be well groomed and fresh for assignment. Make sure you eat a good meal and prepare properly for the day.
- Always say "yes sir/ma'am", "no sir/ma'am". Never use first names.
- No horseplay or inappropriate behavior while on Club property.
- Be aware of other caddies and players in your group and help out whenever possible.
- Provide a memorable and enjoyable experience for your player.